Friday, November 18, 2011

The definition of insanity

I have recently requested several books of sock patterns from the library, just to see if I like the patterns before I buy them.  There's a new book on the market called The Knitter's Book of Socks and it was the first one to make it into the house off the library request list.  It's a great book, if you like to knit (like I do) and you like to knit socks (ditto.)  The patterns, though?  Whew, boy, they are not for the faint of heart.  Cables, ssk (slip slip knit) yarn-overs - they will definitely be a challenge.  More challenging will be taking on one of these patterns to knit a new style of sock as a Christmas gift.  And I'm only half-finished the pair I am knitting for my goddaughter E for Christmas, so those have to be finished before I can start anything new.  This is the definition of insanity - starting a brand-new sock pattern for a pair of adult socks with five weeks to go until Christmas.  I'll likely be bald by halfway through Advent due to tearing out my hair.....

Man, it's a total bummer about the expectations they have at my job.  I'd have so much more time to knit if they didn't expect me to show up and do actual work for my check......

No comments:

Post a Comment